Sunday, March 10, 2013

Can you believe that was 10 years ago.

     So when I was sitting alone this evening I was thinking how 10 years used to seem like such a long amount of time. But now that I am in my 20's it seems like just yesterday. And to kind of reflect on it, I went a Google'd a few different things, and was surprised. It really makes me feel old.

In 2003: In Da Club by 50 Cent = number one song of 2003.



I can remember this song, I was so excited cuz it came out right before my birthday, and my sister burned it onto a cd for me as a gift!! I felt like he was singing right to me!! Haha thinking back, maybe not the most appropriate song for a girl turning 14 that year.




In 2003: Agent Cody Banks was released.



I crack up about this cuz I thought Frankie Muniz was so freaking hot...what happened to him? He was so popular and than disappeared!! And Hilary Duff was in that movie too!! I used to love her specially in Lizzie McGuire.




In 2003: The Iraq war began.

I remember how scary it was to think that our country had been attacked and that we were gonna send soldiers into a hostile environment. In all reality at the time I probably didn't care all that much. I had no idea 10 years later I was going to be married to one of those courageous men. I was scared out of my mind the whole year he was gone to Iraq.




In 2003: Finding Nemo was released.



Has it really been that long? I swear it was just a couple years ago....Have I really been saying escape as ESSSS KA PAY for 10 years...I think that kind of makes me really lame. Because every time I hear or see the work Escape I always say that.



In 2003: Bring me to Life by Evanescense was in the top 10 songs.

I loved Amy Lee so much. They were a band I never wanted to end I loved their music so much! Had their cd and listened to it over and over and over.




In 2003: I was an 8th grader in middle school still. Just months earlier I had started my first year in Nebraska. Hard to believe that it has been that long since I was pulled up by the roots and replanted. And yet I still consider Colorado home. I never really did fit into the small town, and still don't think that many people around there like me, for whatever  reason. Probably didn't help that day 1 I showed up in a very punk/goth outfit. But I did meet some great people mainly my Husband who I adore!!! But Highschool is a whole other topic.

Well I hope you enjoyed the flash back. Admittedly I didn't do as much research as I could have but I just wanted this to be a little quick blog!!  Who knows where we will be in 10 years from now....Scary to think. Specially since Kyra will be turning 11 in 10 years from now...I hope this 10 years don't go nearly as fast.

On a totally off note but super funny!! Dustin got his eyebrows waxed for the first time...He doesn't read my blog so he'll never know this was posted :P  Too funny!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment