Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What I have been reading

 I know I love reading books my friends highly recommend. So in the spirit of reading. For I hope you share the love of books that I do. Here are 5 books I have recently read, a brief intro to what they are about with out saying too much, and how I felt about them!!

I am the Messenger.  This book was about a young man who is receiving playing cards just the aces. On each card is a list of names, addresses, or clues. He has to do something for each person on the list...But how he goes about doing it is up to him. This book was often intense and made you think about what was going to happen next, and had a very different story line than I even thought it would. It was a very easy read and a fun one!! I would recommend this book to anyone who wants an interesting new book to read.







Agenda 21 This is quite possible one of the few books that I would say DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT COVER. Because if you know anything about politics you can see that first name on this book and go running, because your probably thinking great a book by a person with strong political values, no thanks. BUT if you were to do that you are very much missing out on a good book, this book is NOT written by Glenn Beck, I repeat NOT written by Glenn Beck. It is written by Harriet Parke. There is a little thing in the back of the book that he wrote, but it is after the story. This story was sooo well written. One of those books where I stayed up all night reading it, it was so hard to put down. You just crave knowing what is gonna happen next. I can't really tell you much about what its about without giving away the story but if you want an intense on the edge of your seat book, this is one for you!
 



The Vow. I am sure a large amount of you have seen this movie. If for no reason but to watch the adorable Channing Tatum. But of course as most cases are, the book was about 10x better than the movie. The movie got the point across but the book told you all the details of this true story. It was a very sad sad book, I did cry a few times, but it was such a sweet love story.

Sister to Sister Trilogy-Virgina Smith. This trilogy was one I picked up because the first book was free on Amazon, and when you need something new to read that is a go! But after starting to read the first book I fell in love with the characters. It reminded me so much of my life, and my siblings. These books are written so personally that you begin to think you live with them or are their neighbors at least. Great stories that follow 3 sisters through 3 different challenges we all face and how they got through them. Forewarning, there is a religious undertone so if that isn't your thing you may not like these books.

 

The Book Thief. One of my favorite books I have read in sometime. I may have had such a major interest in this book due to the fact it is about WWII here in Germany. I find these things interesting living here in the place all of the action was happening. I love historical things and learning more about them. But this book was about white Germans living through the war, and holocaust. Very detailed but also a good story. Hard to say too much, but this book is a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment