Thursday, October 10, 2013

Practicing my photography skills

Photography is so etching I find very interesting. I know there is scores of things I know nothing about. I have also come to realize that what I thought I bought as a Dslr is really more of a point in shoot. But for the time being it is what I have to work with. With that being said I may not be able to take crystal clear photos especially of young ones who try to move around. But I am still going to take them because well Kyra is one of the most important people in my life.

I have decided the only way to improve is to practice more often. I am trying to do a few photo sessions with friends, which hopefully if all goes well I will be able to do at least a preview of their pictures. But I am also going to focus more on composition by taking pictures of landscape. And what better place to do that then Europe so much beauty, so little time. My goal is to bring a creative flare to my photos and truly capture the things we see.

My first homework for myself is to take a weeks worth of pictures using the rule of thirds. Which will hopefully make me focus on what I am taking a picture of!! 

Today I took this picture of a pretty mushroom in my yard



I thought the picture was beautiful, but was pointed out that by cropping it to follow the rule of thirds the picture could be exceptional. And they were right it made it so much more appealing to the eye.



So come back next Friday for my results for this week, and my next task to attempt to master!! And maybe one of my friends preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment