Thursday, May 25, 2017

Book Review: Another Place at the Table


This great book was passed onto me by my older sister. She read it, loved it and passed it on. And I am really glad that she did. This book on it's own is not one I would have just picked up if it hadn't been suggested to me.

Another Place at the Table by Kathy Harrison is a book about a family who has fostered something like 100 kids in their time working with the system. It is a personal look into how the foster care system works, and those involved in the well being of children in our country.

I have gained a whole new perspective on people who are willing to help children who are part of the foster care system live somewhat normal lives while their lives seem to be collapsing. I was inspired by this book, although we are in no place in our lives to be foster parents, the thought of protecting and showing these children really pulls on my heart strings.

I think this book is an important book for anyone wanting to foster or adopt. The unbiased stories show the good the bad and the ugly of the foster care system. Kathy doesn't try to make it seem like everything is perfect, and isn't trying to influence others to join in. She simply is telling her true story, and allows you to feel how you will about it.

I give this book a 5 out of 5 and highly recommend it to anyone. If you want a copy I would love to pass mine on!

No comments:

Post a Comment